Location: New Richmond
Type of Employment: Full Time
CONTRIBUTION AND SUMMARY
This position contributes to the Company Mission and Quality Policy by making performing tasks that support the goals and ideals of Frontier Ag & Turf. This at-will position includes, but is not limited to, the essential duties and responsibilities as outlined below.
John Deere Service Technicians perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager or more experienced technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide service to customers by accurately diagnosing and/or repairing residential and/or commercial turf equipment using special tools and equipment according to Technical Manual procedures. Service and set-up work will be completed in the estimated time frames promised to customers (internal and external)
- Provide timely and accurate technical support/information to customers (internal and external)
- Work closely with the Parts Department to promote sales, maintain accurate inventory counts, and offer customer service support when needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in order to complete assigned work within the established guidelines.
- Complete all required paperwork necessary for each assigned job, including but not limited to: time allocated to the job, the materials used, appropriate use of work order numbering, and all other pertinent information required by the company or the customer
- Maintain the condition of company vehicles, inventory, equipment and tools
- Must maintain current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products by successfully completing required training
ATTITUDE AND TEAMWORK
- Must work cooperatively with other members of the Service Department and other company departments
- Must follow all company safety and employment policies
- Must maintain and promote a positive and productive work environment
- Must be dedicated to supporting the Company Mission and Company Objectives
- Must represent the company in a professional manner by maintaining a professional appearance, professional and respectful communication and actions within the work environment and in the community at large.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Must have strong basic computer skills
- Must be able to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in a similar or related field preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Fork lift license preferred