Planter Start Up Package:
Pre-Field Set Up*
- Verify customer’s preference on marker sequencing – integrated or independent (this will affect how many tractor hydraulic outlets are required).
- Verify that tractor has all required electrical connections, hydraulic connections, case drains and etc. required to operate the planter.
- Mate planter to tractor. Install monitor/s and harnessing. Test operation of fold, lift, markers and etc.
- Level planter
- Run all hydraulics vacuum to cross augers
- Check for latest software versions if applicable and check all monitor settings.
- Calibrate speed sensor if applicable.
- Adjust fertilizer opener placement per customer specification if applicable.
- Check closing wheel tracking.
- Check and adjust tire pressures.
- Verify proper seed disks in planter if applicable.
- Set Planter seed depth
- Verify that dry fertilizer hopper augers are installed correctly if applicable.
- Walk around with Customer
- Explain all adjustments and review the monitor
- Review seed depths and fertilizer rates
- Review seed plates and vacuum pressure if applicable
- Review the use of Talc and graphite advantages
Total Price = $500.00
*Planter and tractor must be mated at our shop. If not added charges will be quoted and added to this package. The mating of the equipment must be a standard hook up between planter and tractor with all drawbar/ 3 point Linkage, hydraulics, and wiring complete for standard connections or added charges will apply.
IN-FIELD START UP PROCEDURE (MAY BE REPETITIVE IF PLANTER WASN’T MATED AT SHOP)
- Verify that planter was hooked up properly and verify operation of cab controls.
- Check and adjust tire pressures, check fertilizer opener placement and closing wheel tracking.
- Verify correct seed disks, adjust double eliminator if applicable and load some seed.
- Adjust seed transmission to achieve desired plant population or make variable rate / prescription settings in display.
- Check operation of vacuum and adjust to desired level.
- Adjust row unit down pressure manually or set margins in display.
- Adjust closing wheel pressure.
- Adjust fertilizer transmission to achieve desired rate or make variable rate settings in display or on rate controller.
- Adjust row cleaners and/or unit coulters if equipped.
- Fold planter out (if applicable), tie up a closing wheel assembly, drop planter in ground and begin planting for short distance.
- Verify levelness of planter
- Check marker distance
- Observe population read out on monitor/display then stop planting. Get out and visually check seed count and spacing. Make adjustments to planter population settings and/or vacuum level and double eliminator (if equipped) as needed until desired population is reached. Untie closing wheel assembly on check row and set closing pressure.
- Verify that fertilizer is flowing to all rows.
- Check operating depth of unit coulters and/or row cleaners if equipped. Make sure row cleaners are adjusted to just move debris out of the path of the row unit without moving soil.
- Check seed depth and adjust as needed.
- Check for sidewall compaction and adjust down pressure or margins as needed.
- Check closing pressure to verify consistent seed trench closing without excessive compaction.
- Continue planting and observe operation, field conditions and monitor/display readings.
- After planting a couple acres, check fertilizer consumption and compare to acres covered to verify if desired fertilizer rate is being achieved. Adjust as needed.
- After it is verified that the planter is operating correctly, then you can address any AMS, Auto Trac, or Tractor Automation issues that may be present, but this could lead to a separate charge to the customer if it was not part of the planter sale and they need to be aware of this.
4,6,8 Row – Total Price = $250**
12-16 Row – Total Price = $400**
24 Row & Up – Total Price = $600**
** Travel time is not included in this package pricing