How it works: John Deere Mobile Weather uses a third-party sensor to display and document real-time weather on the GreenStarTM 2630 Display, including:
- Wind speed and direction
- Delta T*
- Relative humidity
Unlike other systems, which force you to stop spraying, climb out of cab, and use a hand-held device to check prevailing weather conditions, John Deere Mobile Weather lets you make in-cab product application decision based on location-specific data.
You can also input your own spraying parameters into the system, and receive notifications when the present conditions are outside these preset parameters.
* Delta T is an important indicator for determining acceptable spraying conditions. It indicates evaporation rate and droplet lifetime, and is calculated by subtracting the wet bulb temperature from the dry bulb temperature.
System Requirements: John Deere Mobile Weather is a vehicle-mounted monitoring system that can be mounted on any 4940, 4930, 4830, and 4730 Self-Propelled Sprayers. It requires:
. Application Controller 1120
. GreenStar 3 2630, GreenStar 2 1800, or 2600 Displays.
John Deere Mobile Weather is part of the John Deere FarmSightTM experience: a total solution that begins with understanding your needs, and provides a world-class experience by combining equipment, technology, and your John Deere dealer.
Key Features & Specs
- Capture instantaneous, field-specific weather information from the sprayer cab
- Make on-the-go application decisions
- Ideal for both private and commercial applicators
- Improve recordkeeping by documenting weather conditions during application